My co-worker came back on Monday from maternity leave, and I cannot tell you how much it has helped ease my workload at work. With only a two and a half day work week, I think it was nice transition back for her, and a really nice break for me.
Having four days off with Noah has also made me re-evaluate some of my goals. Noah is growing too fast, and is acting more like a little boy than a baby these days. I couldn’t help sneaking him into our bed at night, or letting him nap on my chest all weekend.
Here are a few highlights from the long weekend:
- Family time is always great. When Len comes around, we know Mom is going to go all out on the food. We also discovered the show Impractical Jokers, which was pretty hilarious.
- Couldn’t resist a 4th of July sale, so the sofa in the picture will make its way to our house in two weeks.
- Kit Kat brownies and ice cream courtesy of TJ.
- I napped everyday. I take sleep when the baby sleeps very seriously.
- Noah’s pool time on the kitchen counter happened all weekend. After breaking out in hives on Thursday, we are trying to keep him as cool as possible. The summer heat came a little too early this year.
- Lots of Parks and Recreation on Netflix.
- Noah officially has two more cousins as of early this morning. :)