Wearing kicks like papa today. And he even cut his first tooth today.
This is how our Friday night is looking. His and hers pizzas!
I know I have been horrible with posting, so here is my bullet point recap that spans the last 2 weeks of my life.
- My twin sister and I turned 30
- I celebrated my first Mother’s Day as a mama
- Noah ate rice cereal for the first time
- Noah is officially 6 months old
- Noah officially is in his own room and I was the one crying like a baby
- I signed up for what is hopefully my second to last quarter of school
- And my older sister officially changed her first poopy diaper ;)
So many milestones recently, and in those moments it has made me cherish even more where I am in my life. This current chapter of life leaves me feeling very blessed.
#6 would have been perfect for my mom and MIL! Why am I such a procrastinator?!? I actually got a few of the honest products and really loved a few of them. A review of those will happen at some point, when I am not procrastinating. ;)
1. From one mom to another, Jessica Alba shares her tips and tricks for creating a healthy and stylish home. A go-to guide, The Honest Life is perfect for new moms as they seek to create a safe space for their little ones without sacrificing color, fashion, and fun.
2. Isn’t Mother’s Day all about spoiling your mom? Treat her to this indulgent Pampering Collection, so she can enjoy a spa-like escape at home.
3. For the chic mom-on-the-go, these cool Knockaround sunglasses in matte tortoise shell will be an instant classic that she can’t live without.
4. Pretty and modern? Check. This handmade white succulent sculpture by Waterstone Succulents (sold via B Corp Etsy) is a stand-out alternative to flowers that will delight for years to come—no green thumb required.
5. A DIY gift often proves to be mom’s favorite because of the love and care that went into making it. Try this simple and budget-friendly sugar scrub made from natural ingredients found at home.
6. Upload your favorite Instagram images and create a treasured book for your mom that captures your family’s unforgettable moments. She won’t put down this re-imagined photo album by Artifact Uprising.
7. Luxurious and eco-friendly makeup brushes from Eco Tools will leave your mom looking flawless and feeling pampered.
8. The sculptural Eau Good Water Bottle, which is BPA free and provides natural filtering, will look beautiful displayed on mom’s desk—making even the mundane feel special.
9. Let your mom know how sweet she is with a great assortment of Nunu Chocolates that are totally natural and handmade from sustainably harvested ingredients.
10. Give mom a gift that gives back with this lovely Poppy Necklace, benefiting The Gorjana and Griffin Foundation and The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation (or support other charitable causes with these beautiful jewelry designs).
By far the best part of our nightly routine is watching Matt read Noah The Monster at the End of this Book. I should say it is the best part at least for me, because I am the only one laughing hysterically. Noah really just looks at his daddy like he is crazy.
Someone was a little more excited for Monday than the rest of us. 💤💤💤
Not sure who enjoyed Market Night more: Noah people watching or me inhaling this bacon-wrapped hot dog.
I can’t believe we are already in May! So begins the countdown to 30! In five short days I am going to officially be in my thirties. :) Lots of milestones this month. Aside from turning 30, I will be celebrating Mother’s Day as a mom for the first time and my little guy is going to be 6 months old.
The goal this month is just to enjoy it all.
Not too much in our weekend (we can thank my homework for that), but we did get a few breaks in. On Friday we were suppose to treat ourselves to a healthy dessert, but too many toppings were calling my name. By the way, Matt and I are totally opposite when it comes to topping choices!
I think after so much back and forth, California now thinks it is summer. The heat this weekend meant half naked baby time, and breaking out the cool shades.
Matt even humored me and drank lemonade out of mason jars with striped straws. Drinking these on our makeshift front porch, watching Mozzie chase bugs, wasn’t a bad way to end the weekend.
So yesterday started the transition to a healthier me. I am just making a few goals each week, and hopefully adding more with each passing week. Noah is going to be 6 months in 3 weeks, and I have yet to get into some type of fitness routine.
Here are my goals for the week:
- Drink at least 3 bottles of water before I leave work
- Salads all this week for lunch
- At least 30 minutes of exercise each day
- No eating after 6PM
According to the email I got from Amazon today, Jillian will be on my door step when I get home. Hopefully Noah will find this torture entertaining long enough so I can get through the whole thing. :)